“Hey, Can I ask you something?” A young girl asked, sitting next to a young boy, her age, under the night sky.
“Sure Val, what is it?” the boy answered.
“What’s it like out there? Outside Valhalla? Is it really
that beautiful like in the stories?”
“Yep, it even more beautiful than any place you can
imagine. Especially, when the sun sets and you’re flying over the scenery.” He
said.
“Really!? I can’t wait until I awaken to my powers.
That’s the first thing I’m going to do.” the little girl said, excitedly.
“Yeah, that’s how I met my first love, Ragas Amos.
However, it wasn’t till I was teenager that I realized I was lied to.” Valkyrie
said.
“Lied?” a woman asked confused.
“He told me he was a god from a different realm, but he
was something different. Something greater.” Valkyrie replied.
“Different? Care to explain?” the woman said curiously.
“Is that really important?”
“I could same thing about a world-renowned therapist needing
therapy.” The woman said.
“Ha-ha, you’re so funny. We both know why I need this.”
Val said.
“Because your side job requires you to have at least two
therapy sessions out of the year. And you don’t like the therapist they hired. So,
you came here because you only trust your friends with information about your
past.” The woman said.
“Yep, keep calling yourself that… one day it might be
true.” Val said.
“Very funny. Now, shall we continue. Tell me… how did you
become the hero we know today?” the woman said.
“Well, I roamed the earth for thousands of years, observing
humanity. I’ve seen the first man and woman give birth. I was there when the
first civilization was destroyed by things, such as greed and desire. But, still
you humans always found a way to bounce back. And things were good. However,
thousands of years later, the humans were close to extinction from a mishap
with a summoning spell they tried.”
“Wait, you mean one of the most apocalyptic events in
history was caused by humans trying to summon a demon.” The woman said.
“Well, between the two of us, it was caused by Neuron. He
wanted help to get rid of some people. Knowing him, it was someone who was
going to expose him.
“Expose him?”
“Yeah, everyone’s favorite rich billion engineer is a…
Suddenly, an alarm goes off. “Yes?” Valkyrie asked annoyed.
“I’m sorry to interrupt your therapy session. A new meta
human is holding up a bank. “
“Really, you called me, a retired superhero, for a
metahuman who’s robbing a bank.”
“Well, the reason for that is because she asked for you
personally.”
“Alright, I’ll be there in a minute.” Valkyrie said as
she hung up. “Sorry, I’m going to have cut this session short. A sudden
emergency had come up.”
“Alright. But next time, I want to hear more about this
ex of yours. Call it intuition, but I think there’s a flame of forbidden
passion there.”
“Forbidden what?”
“You don’t have to tell me. But I know you loved this
Raga. Now that Atomic Master is out of the picture, maybe you can spark it up again.”
“Okay, first off, I broke up with Atomic Master years ago
and started dating again months later. As for that spark you’re talking about,
it never existed. Now, if you’ll excuse
me, I have a pod I need to meet.” Valkyrie said before walking out the door.
More on KuroKami NovelZ.
Comments